Koh Samui has many fascinating things to do and places to visit, and one of them is the Fisherman’s Village. This historical part of Bophut is full of interesting places to visit like trendy restaurants, a vibrant street market and boutique shops.
It was once upon a time a prolific fishing community, and even though the reality has changed, it has become a picturesque, beautiful and iconic attraction of Koh Samui.
In this guide, you will learn all about it from how to arrive, what to do, where to stay and everything you need to know to enjoy a pleasant holiday. It all comes to you thanks to Boutique Yachting!
What To Do in Fisherman’s Village?
This is going to be the biggest part of this post, because there are many things you can do here. Let’s divide them by categories.
If you want to spend your time at the beach, then you can do so, and take part in a wide myriad of different water sports and activities from simply swimming to snorkeling, diving and kitesurfing.
Simply walking by the beach, feeling the breeze of the ocean caressing your face and taking a swim is enough to enjoy this paradise. Of course, you should also grab a spot to appreciate the magnificent sunset. You will love it, and don’t forget to take pictures.
Shopping is also a popular activity. You will find a huge variety of small boutiques and shops where you can buy jewelry, delicious food, souvenirs, clothing (especially women’s), toys, ornaments and more.
If street shopping is not your thing, then you will be happy to know that you can visit The Wharf, a great shopping plaza. You will have enough options to satisfy your shopping needs. However, consider that everything will be a bit expensive, because you have to remember that you are in a highly touristy destination.
However, we cannot finish talking about shopping without mentioning the Walking Street Market. Here you will find a bit of everything, and be prepared to bargain, because you can get pretty good deals!
Hungry? Worry not, because here you can find pretty good options for tasting delicious and filling food. There are many choices at your disposal, and here you have them:
- Krua Bophut Thai Restaurant – One of the top options in this part of Bophut. Delicious food, an elegant and different environment, top-notch service and a precious location. You can find it at 16/16 Moo 1, Bophut Beach Road, Fisherman’s Village
- Karma Sutra Bar & Kitchen – Great dishes, refreshing cocktails and a pretty comfortable environment. You can find it at 37 moo 1 tambon Bophut Fisherman s Village, Koh Samui
- Chez Francois – One of the best fine dining restaurants not only in Fisherman’s Village, but in the whole Bophut. You can visit it at 33/2 Moo1 Fisherman’s Village, Bophut
- Gusto Italiano – If you are looking for the best Italian cuisine in this part of Samui, then you need to visit this restaurant. Find it at 73/3 Moo 1 Fisherman Village, Bophut
- Nirvana Restaurant – A nice option with tasty food, a varied menu and a great service and location.
If you are hungry and looking for the best places to eat in Fisherman’s Village, then here you have it. Also, remember that the shops, boutiques and the night market offer you plenty of delicious Thai delicacies.
When it comes to nightlife, all you have to do is to walk by the village road, where you will find plenty of pubs, bars and lounges where to spend the night. However, take into account that this part of Samui is not famous for its nightlife; to the contrary, it is quite calm.
Here you have the most complete summary on all the things to do in Fisherman’s Village. As you can see, it is very laid back, relaxing and calm, however, it is not short of entertainment and novelty.
Want to Stay in Fisherman’s Village?
You will be happy to know that you can find excellent hotels in this part of Bophut, and here you have our top recommendations, divided in different sections. However, take note that some of these options are not in Fisherman’s Village, but they are very close, a taxi ride is all it takes to arrive there.
On a budget? Worry not; here you have the best affordable hotels:
- Arisara Place – Prices start at $35 USD/night, find it at 165/88 Moo 1, T. Bophut, Koh Samui
- Pelegrin Hotel Samui – Prices start at $27 USD/night, find it at 59, Moo 1, Lanthong road, Bophut, Koh Samui
- Samui Heritage Hotel – Prices start at $25 USD/night, find it at 157/43 Moo 1, Bophut, Koh Samui
- Natural Samui Hotel – Prices start at $29 USD/night, find it at 105/152 M.1, T.Bophut, Koh Samui
- Naamtao Villa Resort – Prices start at $40 USD/night, find it at 177/35 Moo 1, Bophut, Koh Samui
These hotels are comfortable and you can stay there for a fair price.
If you are looking for luxury, then these options will suffice all of your needs:
- Anantara Bophut Resort – Prices from $225 USD, find it at 99/9 Moo 1 Bophut Bay, Koh Samui
- Bandara Resort and Spa – Prices from $100 USD, find it at 178/2 Moo 1, Bophut, Koh Samui
- Peace Resort – Prices from $90 USD, find it at 178 Moo 1, Bophut Beach, Koh Samui
- Hansar Samui Resort and Spa – Prices from $180 USD, find it at 101/28 Moo1, Koh Samui
- Grand Villa La Perla – Prices from $135 USD, find it at 15/2 Fisherman Village, Moo 1, Bophut, Koh Samui.
We have arrived to the end of this blog post. Now you have an excellent overview on all the things to do in Fisherman’s Village, now you are ready to visit it!
If you have any question, feel free to comment it or contact us. We will get back to you as soon as possible!